Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Matthew Donald






Even though I was induced, things were progressing, but not as fast as they should have. Throughout the day we tried different things, and they would work, but then things would be at a stand still. When I was far enough along to break my water, they found miconium (ms?) in the fluid, which meant that the baby probably ingested some of the poop. So, I was unable to continue with a waterbirth, which I had done with Macy and Max and loved. After some additional precautions, and scary thoughts and feelings, we decided to try pitosin around 6:00 to get things moving. After some intense contractions, I was finally ready to push. I had to push once for his head to come and stop, so she could suction. Then I continued to push and he was out and taken over to get worked on. Thankfully all was well, and we welcomed our new addition, Matthew Donald Monte at 7:37 p.m. on June 22, 2011. He weighed 7 pounds, and was 20 1/2 inches long, our smallest baby yet. We were all ready for a good nights sleep :)

No comments: